Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 661's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    i dont know much about this guy - all i can say is 'show some class.'

    Burton head coach Mack Shupe said, "that sets baseball back 20 years. If you can't make simple, routine plays, you can't play. That makes a mockery of the game. This is their only game this week and this is our third game in a row."

    http://tricitiessports.com/default.a...ts&he=.com
    Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
    So I try to forget it any way I can.


  2. #2
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    I dont get where he's coming from. GC had 12 errors and still won the game. Its a mockery of the game to not put someone away when they give you every opportunity to do so.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    I could be wrong(and most people from norton dont like mack anyway) but it seems like hes saying its pathetic for 2 teams to make 15 total errors, thats bad baseball in any form or fashion.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    You might have a point. Who knows?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    I think you've got what he's saying....like you said most people don't like Shupe, but most people haven't been around him as a teacher or coach so it's hard for people to judge him. I think he was just saying that that many errors in one game is crazy.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    I have been around him as a teacher, and he is an A$$. He is mean and degrading to people (whether he coaches them or not) and has no remorse. I was in class one day when he decided to make comments about a guy's father passing (the guy was in my class) That is uncalled for and rude, like most of what the man says.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Just_wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    What did Key say to get ejected? I guess he has to sit out tomorrow's game?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    I think most of us that support GC have more or less been numbed by what he has said and done in the past, whether it was directed towards our program(s) or others. I try to overlook him and his comments, but it's as if he really believes everything he said is gospel and should be treated that way.

    It was funny watching him dance & prance around outside the dugout around near the end of that game last night, he really thought he had the game won. Too bad he couldn't pull out a win against a team that committed 12 errors (5 or 6 in one inning). I'm sure that fact made a mockery of the game too if he wants to think in that manner.


  9. #9
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    I learned along time ago not to take anything Shupe says to serious. Had Burton won the game, he would have said that they were ready to win the State championship now. Wasnt a pretty win, but it was a win. I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day. Wait, there's not anything such as a pretty loss. We're basically a very young team & they had a couple of chances to fold the tent & did not. I think the manner in which we won the game will help tremendously for the guys confidence.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 661's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mac Shupe on Gate City Baseball

    i dont know... the fact that he brought up the # of games his guys have played vs. the # GC had played makes it look (to me) like he was digging on the devils. i hope the next time Carter & crew hammer the raiders (11-1, for example) they remember this remark.
    Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
    So I try to forget it any way I can.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •